Monday, May 11, 2020

You Ask a Song

You ask a song 
True of thy fire
Asking of me
If I so desire
And if I could
Or would or should 
If I’d had the passion
Or the desire

You asked of flakes 
A snow that plays
For the break 
Into the haze
A blizzard into
My soul, my face
A storm until
My senses arise
And I can find 
Your breath of mine eyes 
I may recover
A bit of my tithes 



A sanctioned set until
I return to the battle hill
N’er do until thee does
Ne’er for exacting love 
And ne’er to done still
A one act of acting will 

Thy love, thy truth, thy vine 
Thy search of ever-last of mine
I cannot, will not break
I shall not heed not for thy spake
I stand for, to be thy break
The ever-last forsake 
Us all and will be for of
The greatest lord Thereof
He’s her and for us one
The everlasting One

(C)2020 OWM/Sperling Lieder, BMI