Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Oh So





Oh so much 
Oh so little 
I fell apart 
Before becoming brittle
And I still stood strong
When I could not
And I still felt arms
When there’d be none
And I felt for thee, for yeah
How’d I’d ever come some 
But forget ye, me 
How’d I’d ever love one
I’d not a hand or pan
On my life nor mine
A simpleton of thine
And I don’t expect 
Any expectancy 
Since I’d n’er be one
Nor any of thee 
And they still don’t like
Any piece of me 

Guess I had and would 
And moments to be ‘stood
And flattened that piece
I’d never had it all of this
I miss you friend of love
I miss you and you were done 
We had a minute, oh sweet it was
We had a quick brush of love 
And you’re gone and so am I
Tides a flowing forthwith of a tithe 
Tides come back on our hides!

Oh thank and thanks be well
I’ve still lived and I’m still well
And better yet to know of you
And farther than I had wished still 
However this plays our piece 
Granted one grace of this 

(c)OWM/Sperling Lider, BMI