Monday, October 26, 2009

music and acting

It's fall and as things cool, seems like my professional life is picking up...and Lord knows I happy about that! Interesting full circle to note: growing up, I always thought I would be an actress.I remember seeing "Annie" when I was 5 years old in San Francisco (where I grew up on the most part) and deciding right then and there, that that was what I wanted to do. I loved performing in plays, musicals and community theater and if that wasn't enough, I would enlist my own friends to stage our own plays for the always adoring parental crowd. It has been over 10 years since I did any acting really, but recently, I have decided to get back into that side of myself and am very happy at how things are going.

When I say that I have been working in movies, as background or featured background (to begin), people seem really surprised about it. I suppose many only know me for my music side, which I decided in my early 20's that that was what I would focus on. I get a lot of "oh really? when did you start doing that?" comments, to which I can only reply, "since I was a kid", and then I get a raised eyebrow in return. It is totally me, I love love it, always have always will. There is nothing too big or small and I welcome back this new part of my life with open arms. Music and acting go hand in hand really. It is performing, which is who and what I am. I hope that my music will help and heal and that my acting will also add to that.

In the last month, I have been blessed to be able to work on several different features, and every week seems to inspire a new role, and new part and a new experience. My album will be finished shortly, and then we'll see where this road leads me. I thank God everyday, for bringing these new adventures and lovely people into my life, and for the opportunity.

I am so excited about my new record and look forward to releasing it sometime in the near future. The experience, journey really, was a great one, I have learned much and still need to learn, and am so thankful and grateful to be able to work with two especially talented and lovely people, Winn and Cody. The past few years were especially difficult and challenging for me, but I realize that that was what I needed to experience, to really know. It added a great many layers to me as a person, as a songwriter, and actress.

And how 'bout those Saints?? Who dat!!