Monday, April 13, 2009

Love and Music

I haven't blogged in forever it seems, and though I have often thought about it, just could not bring myself to, as there was nothing I felt I could really talk about at the time publicly. See I have been making a lot of big changes in my life in recent months, life changing decisions and have not been in a place to be able to talk about it, so I have been keeping it close to home and the heart.

The last several years have been very emotionally difficult for me, for reasons I cannot get into. But I can say that I really lost sight of who I was and where I was going. In essence, I was turning into another person and it wasn't someone who I liked or who made me happy. It was not until last summer when I began recording my songs and working on my album, that I slowly started my ascension out of the deep hole I was in. In fact, I didn't know how lost I was! Now I am at the surface, and for the first time in a long time, I feel like I am back on track to where I should be and should have been all this time. I cannot look back with regrets and as they say, everything happens for a reason. Truthfully though, I have had some days filled with regret of past decisions I made that ultimately lead me down the wrong path. With the recording of my new songs, I began to feel important again like I was rediscovering my soul and I realized that I do have something special to offer after all. I don't know how or when I became so low, I suppose it was little by little with each passing day. But all that is behind me now, I have moved back to my true home, New Orleans, to start over and I also made the heartbreaking decision to leave my marriage. What is left after all was said and done is only love and music. This is who I am and this is where I will be from now on.

As for my album, it will be finished very soon. I am so incredibly amazed and proud of what we have done. Yes I said we, as without my two talented and lovely friends Winn McElroy and Cody Dickinson, it would not have become the beautiful work that is is. And without the experience I would not have been able to find my soul again and climb out of the dark.

More news soon...

Happy Easter!