Friday, January 25, 2008

Whack it!

It's been raining pretty much all week and I've still had this lingering sinus/ear infection/congestion that keeps giving. It's sort of become my own personal whack-a-mole in my head. Every morning I arise and do battle with it (whack with decongestants! whack with antihistamines! whack with antibiotics! whack with emergen-C! etc.). And now, on the eve of parade season, it's still hanging on. I guess it to wants to ride Muses too, and for free (imagine the nerve of that??). SO with any pure luck and divine intervention, it will have gone away before next Wednesday night. Otherwise, I guess I will have to make friends with it somehow...(sigh).


Okay, well today it begins! Tonight the first parades roll down St. Charles Avenue. I have been shut-in all week, so I am going to get my ass out to have some fun, rain or no rain. YES! They are going to roll, no matter what the weather.

The past week especially, I have had several marching bands practice on our street, marching up and down and getting their routine/walk right. It was endearing, really. This morning it was a group of middle schoolers, who I think may be marching tonight. Well, I can hear the siren's announcing the arrival of floats lining up on Tchoup, so I guess I'll go figure out my game plan. YES!!