Thursday, January 17, 2008

Neti Pot

Neti Pot. Do you know what that is? Well, it freaked me out at first, just the idea of it...but I broke down and bought one for the sake of my frickin' sinuses which are driving me insane! I have been having allergy crap related sinus boofungoo for way too long I thought I would burst from the pressure. The latest rage (even Oprah had it on her show) is the Neti Pot, where you rinse your sinuses out with saline/salt water. It sort of feels like when you jump into a swimming pool and get water up your nose...not too comfortable, I admit. Plus my nostrils are larger than the spout, so there tends to be flushing every witch way. I realize it sounds gross, but after the 5th time now, I am beginning to feel a little better and getting better at doing it.

If you do a google, you will find several youtube instruction videos on "how to". It really looks ridiculous, and I usually am laughing at myself in the mirror (I find a mirror helps me to figure out what I am doing), but if you have allergies and sinus issues, you may want to try it. If I end up with some sort of miracle recovery, you will hear me taking about the Neti Pot every which way!