Friday, October 12, 2007

Older and Wiser?

For the longest time, I wanted to be wiser and taken seriously. That did not happen until I was 25, and then it seemed people started to be interested in who I was and what I was doing, my thoughts and ideas about the future. Now I am straing another year down the barrel (34 on October 18) and I wonder if I really am all that wiser. In a way, yes. In other ways, no. The years seem to go faster than my personal development and I wonder if that is by my own fault or if life just is that way. Perhaps part of the design is to be a know-it-all by the time you're 80. That's sounds good to me, as it is something to look forward too, however, the downside is that life is much shorter then. There is not much time to fire out know-it-all advice and opinions. Then again, maybe there never has been much time all along. In reality, we are here but for a moment, and in that moment, a thousand pieces of life flow by, so that perhaps all the wisdom that it really holds, is really too much to handle too soon. No, I am not stoned!