Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Time Has Come...

...the walrus said, to talk of many things
of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings,
and why the sea is boiling hot and wether pigs have wings!

Off to NOLA for Mardis Gras and to play my monthy gig at Dos Jefe's. This is the time every year, where I crawl out from under my big black cloud of winter muck and get back into life, with the celebration of the coming of spring, and the king!
It's some sort of annual thing I go through, but after Fat Tuesday, life goes on, my spirit picks up and I can start cleaning out the crap in my head left there by the ice and cold...

So, I joined a Krewe this year, the Krewe of Muses, which I have been wanting to do for a while now. I won't be able to ride this year, but i will be at the afterparty, which should rock! For those of you who don't know, Muses is the only all female Krewe that parades at night. They roll tomorrow evening up Napoleon, down St. Charles, over Canal and around Poydras.


Check list:

coozie
beer cooler
beer! (must plan ahead as my usual stop has not reopened yet)
plastic bags (for the beads, naturally)
change of clothes (for the Krewe party, naturally)
positive attitude